For many types of businesses the website acts as a portfolio or a business card, and if that website does not rank well in the search engines, you may lose valuable clients.
There are definitely many important metrics to be analyzed and reported on, like conversions, sales, calls and clicks, number of visits, but identifying the current status of your website on the search engines will also help you get a better understanding of where you should focus your resources in order to optimize your website in the best way possible.
One of the most important parts of the identification of the current status is analyzing the rankings of the website. Of course, during past years, there were numerous algorithm updates on all search engines, but, on short, the rankings are in a continuous flux and their variation is based on a number of factors like:
- Device and browser type
- Search history, cookies and cache
- Accounts connected
Because rankings are different from one city to another, GeoRanker developed the local rank checker, a tool which can check the website ranking and show you exactly the position in real time for the targeted locations, either cities or countries. It’s very useful due to its approach, the dynamic keyword tracking which can help you in search engine optimization process and marketing activities.
A local rank tracker helps you to check your website ranking as a local user, make you understand the results of your SEO campaign and to identify the way your website is ranking on different search engines. Even if the rankings vary nowadays even for users placed in the same location that have different search history, there are still multiple reasons why geo-located ranking data is still valuable and provides insights that are worth knowing.
Now, let me tell you what our Local Rank Tracker tool can be used for:
- Tracking dynamic keywords ( in the same report the keyword might contain different location name for each different location);
- Tracking translated keywords;
- Checking mobile rankings;
- Tracking Google Local Carousel Rankings
- Tracking Rankings on Multiple Search Engines;
- Tracking multiple URLs of the same domain at the same time by the main domain name;
- Tracking multiple competitors at the same time by different domain names;
- Changing default search language;
Of course, with all these use cases, there come many benefits, let me remind you few of them:
- Help with identifying the keywords that play the most important role in sending visitors to your website;
- Monitor the evolution in time of your website’s rank on search engines to measure the SEO campaign results;
- The local ranking data can be used in the keyword prospecting process or it can be included in Local SEO marketing strategy.
- Get alerted to drops or rank gains
- Identify low-hanging fruits
- Competitor comparisons
- Diagnostics regarding unusual fluctuations in organic traffic
Local IP addresses in SERP crawling
Let me start by telling you that by crawling search engines result pages with local IP addresses GeoRanker is able to generate high accuracy SERPs reports.
Until 2015, Google admitted forcing a location different than the exact physical location, emulating basically the comportment of a user placed in the desired location.
After December 2015, when Google decided to drop this feature, local rank trackers remained basically the only solution to get accurate geo-located rank tracking data.
Our platform is currently using more than 100.000 Local IPs from all around the globe to obtain accurate local ranking data from Google, Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex, Naver, Youtube and many other search engines.
Start tracking your local rankings by following the next URL: https://www.georanker.com/ranktracker/new/local